Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jnovek
Tinkerer
Username: Jnovek

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 10:59 am:   

Full disclosure: I know nothing about older cameras, and have only been into photography for a little while. Please bear with me should I say stupid things.

Looking to getting into medium format and a friend gave me a Kodak Tourist from his "crap that doesn't work" pile. Seems that the camera is mostly in good shape; Anaston lens is clean and no scratches with only a bit of dust on the outside, bellows are in good shape. Only problem is that the shutter doesn't seem to fire.

I can wind up the shutter cock and fire it with the shutter release, but the shutter doesn't go. There is a lever on the side between the flash and the shutter release that will open and close the shutter AFTER the the shutter cock has been wound and released. To rephrase that: I cannot manually open and close the shutter without winding and releasing the shutter cock; likewise, I cannot wind and release the shutter cock without manually opening and closing the shutter with the lever on the side.

The shutter blades seem to move smoothly, but it does take a fair amount of pressure to open/close them with the lever on the side.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I will be glad to provide more information as needed.

Thanks!

Jason

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration