Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 642

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 05:27 pm:   

No, I don't know of a way to avoid pulling the shutter. In these models, there is not really any shutter release system per se in the shutter: the wind linkage in the body charges the shutter springs and then locks, so that the pinion gear from the body is jamming the shutter in the cocked position. When you press the shutter release button, what you're doing is letting the cocking gear spin backwards and that allows the blades to cycle. If you have the system jammed in mid-wind, my thought would be that by removing the shutter from the body you might be able to let the pressure off and clear it. Even at that, though, I'm not 100% sure, as the jam may be more in the body mechanisms than involving the shutter.

Speed problems in the Contaflex also are more often actually caused by the aperture mechanisms sandwiched between the body and shutter than by the shutter itself. To reach these, you have to remove the shutter from the body.

On the plus side, the screws holding the shutter to the body are hidden inside the film chamber and not on the pretty cosmetic stuff on the outside.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration