Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zelandeth
Tinkerer
Username: Zelandeth

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 04:04 pm:   

Thanks for the quick response.

I'll see if I can figure out how to get into the camera tomorrow evening. Film speed selection and advance lever look most likely candidates to put up a fight as I've no idea how to separate them...if anyone's got a proceedure for the removal of the upper casing of this camera in terms that I'm likely to understand, I'd be grateful if you could point me to it. I know there was one describing the complete disassembly to get to the battery compartment - don't know quite how much of that I'd need to use though, and I can't remember for the life of me where it was. While dismantling cameras is a bit of a new thing for me - I'm no stranger to taking apart things which can be a bit on the complicated side, so I do realise what I'm letting myself in for at least, and will be quite sure to go no further than I'm completely sure I can get back from - this camera's too good to wreck.

When twiddling said adjustments - is there anything I can use as a reference to get the value shown "in the ballpark" so to speak? e.g a 60W lightbulb at 1 metre at ASA "x" and shutter speed "y" should put the needle about here?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration