Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 41

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 10:20 am:   

I have been having a similar problem with an Electro35 GT.
I seemed to have only one shutter speed (1/500) and bulb. When the camera was set to flash, it behaved as if it was set to bulb.
I also noticed that the warning lights behaved oddly. When it was in an over exposure situation, the red light came on, but then went out when the shutter button was fully depressed. I assume this is the proper function of the light. The yellow light, however, did not go out at all.
At slower shutter speeds, the shutter would stay open until I pointed the camera at a brighter light source.
I took off the bottom plate and noticed that the rod for the shutter button did not travel far enough down to engage with the catch that prevents double exposures. I adjusted the position of the rod (it has a slotted end) and I also played with the rod next to it.
This resulted in the flash setting working correctly and the camera operating at different shutter speeds.
However, they only worked properly when the shutter button was depressed very quickly (not good for camera shake). I took the top plate off and there is an adjustment of the rod that the shutter button presses. I played with that a little, and the situation seems to have improved.
I think I need to get a new battery (I was using a 3v and 2 1.5v) to know for sure if the camera is now functioning correctly.
I guess by adjusting the rods, this adjusted the position of the contacts on the shutter release.
This may be the cause of some of the other posters problems.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration