Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter_johnson
Tinkerer
Username: Peter_johnson

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, January 01, 2010 - 08:46 pm:   

i have spent considerable time cleaning my fathers old 35mm gear up and had just the minor dust fragments inside the camera body left to do.
i removed the focusing screen and very gently cleaned it when my wife opend the door with a hot drink.
before i could say thanks,our puppy burst in and tried jump up......... i dropped the screen and massive shock horror! he caught it,giving it the good news before i had chance to grab it.
it is ruined, i have looked everywhere and even looked on ebay for one.
all i can bid on is complete 'was working lovely?' cameras which is and maybe the only option.
i am hoping that someone may have several of these old ae-1 programs for spares or even the focusing screen?
if anyone does have one they want to part with,please let me know how much.
needless to say, the puppy is alive and well,my wife and her friends think it's the funniest thing they ever saw and me?,well,after cursing myself under my breath a few hundered times and long walks with the puppy, i learnt a valuable lesson..... get a bolt fixed on the room in which you wish to do repair work and spend more time with wifey and puppy!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration