Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Luizfrds
Tinkerer
Username: Luizfrds

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 10:45 pm:   

News!
The first and most easy part (i think) have been fixed!!!!
The Shutter / Release Lever / Film Position / Winding Mechanism!

This camera have a protection to avoid the two exposure of the film, it locks the Winding Knob and the Release Lever

There were several problems:

- There was a Spring which was out of its place, which caused the mechanism never unlocks Releaser Lever and Never locks the Winding Knob
- The Mechanism is activated by the film in a metal barrel inside of the camera, by contact, when the Winding Knob turns, it turns to the Movie and this Barrel, which is conected with a small cog ( The Cog is in Bottom Right ), and make ALL the system works...
- The Metal Barrel was complete STUCK! needed to get removed an removed a small amount of rust, and after a few minutes, it is running almost smooth, probabily i will disable it again in the future to improve its performance
- The Mechanism with locks the Winding Reel is the same that unlocks the Release Lever, and both are activated by an "arm" (the arm is under the 0 -> Zero ), but this arm was with its spring very weak, so i need to open a bit a small "ear" in one of the arms ( the botton left arm in the photo )

TA-DAH! Works very fine for now! needs futher testing... but something is working! PROGRESS!

Winding Mechanism

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration