Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 83

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 11:28 pm:   

It's been at least a year or so since I had one of these opened-up, and I don't think I had that particulat problem. I probably can't tell you anything you haven't already figured out, but my guess is that some lever directly "under" (in the photo) the pivot of the cocking lever is not engaging into that "catch" notch on the round part of the cocking arm (at 8:00 in the photo). There's probably a wire-spring that should be tensioning a pivoting lever to "fall" into that "catch" as you pull the cocking lever back (which should normally make the "click" when you fully cock the shutter, and also what holds the cocking lever in the cocked position...until the shutter is released). Sorry, I don't know the technical terms! I see the release "button" at the bottom of the photo. Push that and see what lever it moves near the cocking arm. Pushing the release button should lift up whatever lever is SUPPOSED to have fallen into the catch on the cocking arm piece (which releases the shutter).

Has the wire-spring gotten out of place? Is there a spring that seems not to be tensioning anything? Is one of the pivoting levers not pivoting freely?

Have you seen this site? It's an incredibly useful site for camera tinkers:

http://daniel.mitchell.name/cameras/

--scott

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration