Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aphototaker
Tinkerer
Username: Aphototaker

Post Number: 174

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 12:10 pm:   

I am trying to fix the focus of a Konica Auto S2 RF. There are two lens parts in the shutter assembly. One can be screwed off from the back, the other from the front. The rear one has not been moved. The focus seemed to be off a bit.

This is my first attempt at custom collimation and focus correction. I did some background reading describing various methods on how to do this.

I used an SLR with known good focusing lens to verify the focus of the RF. I discovered that I needed to loosen the front lens part to get the infinity focus right. When an object at infinity is in focus, the lens distance scale has its infinity mark aligned with the distance index marker on the body. So far so good.

The rangefinder focusing works at infinity and at smaller distances now, i.e. the parallax correction corresponds to the focus in the film plane.

However, I notice that at shorter distances the distance scale does not correspond to the actual film plane to object distance. e.g. an object at 3m when in focus is shown to be at 2.85m or so on the lens distance scale. Is this expected? If not, what am I missing in the algorithm to fix the focusing of the camera?

Thanks.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration