Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Taildraggin
Tinkerer
Username: Taildraggin

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 07:27 am:   

Marek:

Here is another shot identifying the elements I considered when re-assembling the cocking ring. (My terminology may be wrong, but you'll get the picture.)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_d9rdtJje0Mk/S7iPrhIDJcI/AAAAAAAAFGg/wn8KlawOyL4/s512/CompurRapid532.JPG

I notice that the arm at the top of the cocking lever swung into a 'jam' position in this picture - that isn't the problem. I put it into the groove to the right on assembly and the cocking arm arcs as it should.

The speed control 'shoe' is to the right of that (12 o'clock in pic). It rides the cocking ring at the shoe and the top tab goes into the speed cutout on the speed ring (previous, #1 pic).

Clockwise, the slow speed arm (pawl) is tucked under the cocking ring and grabs the slow speed ratchet wheel under there OK.

At the bottom, the trip pawl is line up on the edge of the cocking ring to do its thing with the trip notches.

So, with all this as such, the cocking ring rotates and cocks, but on release only moves a fraction (blades open ~1cm) and won't go farther.

Thanks again,

- Charlie

PS - I'm beginning to believe something may have come ajar in the timing gearbox on the top right...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration