Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Socaljc
Tinkerer
Username: Socaljc

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 06:03 pm:   

My Fuji GX-617 recently has been giving me problems with advancing and frame counts. For example, the frame number dial gets stucked; frame advancing does not stop at the frame that it should stop at... I end up getting 2-3 photos per 120 roll instead of 4 frames per roll. It would not allow me to advnace forward when I press down the shutter... it feels stucked / sticky inside. These problem gets worse in cold weather...

All these issues started after a camera store repair person cleaned the whole advancing / frame count mechanism without regreasing it. I don't like their service so I've decided to do the regreasing myself.

I have taken apart this GX-617 and some other Fuji 6x7's a few times so I am familiar with how the advanace mechanism should work... This GX-617's gear is mechanically fine...I just need some tips on what oil / grease to use.

Should I use grease or runny gear oil? Do I apply small amount on metal parts or should I do it generously? How about those plastic / nylon gears? Should I lube them too?

It would be easier if you give me the name of the oil / grease since it will help me find it faster online.

Thank you!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration