Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Socaljc
Tinkerer
Username: Socaljc

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 09:32 pm:   

Thank you for your help... I really appreciate it.

I just open the camera, took the transport out again and found some thick / glue like residues stick to some moving parts and hair springs. Now I know why the frame ocunt dial got stucked! I think the think gluy stuff is caused by dried up oil or mixture of oil and grease probably.

Is it safe if I put the whole transport into a watch / glasses untrasonic cleaner? What cleaning agent should I use? Denatured alcohol or Naphtha? Which one is stronger? Are both of them plastic / Nylon gear safe? Or just the good 'o rubbing alcohol.

I poured some rubbing alcohol on the thick residue and it looses up the mess immediately but once it dries up, it's still sticky unless I remove them first. That's why I am thinking about doing an untrasonic bath on the transport module.

BTW, is ultrasonic bath safe for springs / hair springs? I don't want to see a bunch of loose springs after I turn the cleaner on. Any advise? Thanks for the help again.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration