Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stereopost
Tinkerer
Username: Stereopost

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, July 18, 2011 - 09:51 am:   

One of my Mercs has a shutter speed dial problem and I need to figure how to take it apart. The Romney book is unobtainable, I found Ricks sketch on his site (Thanks, Rick!) and I don't have Tomosy's book, but- I did find that Googling the patent numbers in the Mercury II back I got the original patent drawings of the camera and the shutter design with controls. I know these are hard to read and understand, per se, but the text of the patent and the drawings will pretty well show what's what and where, and if you study closely it all comes together. Tip: make several prints of the drawings and use color pens to color the parts; it makes it easier to see the works and make sense of it. The patent number for the whole camera (Mercury I) is 2,233,390 and the shutter patent alone is 2,274,707. Assuming skill at reading plans and assuming the production camera is not notably different from the patent drawings, this should be very helpful. It seems there will be screws to remove the shutter module hidden under the front leather, by the way.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration