Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mareklew
Tinkerer
Username: Mareklew

Post Number: 183

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, October 01, 2010 - 09:39 am:   

Lol, great deal of experience :P You made my day, I have only two of these cameras :-)

Anyway, Around the frame counter disc you don't want any grease at all. In the main crank ratchet axle I used general purpose bearing grease, because I had it at hand. This location is really non-issue as long as you use non-corrosive (acid and resin free) lube. Besides that I followed the rule: what turns, gets oiled, what slides, gets greased.
Large dogs of ratchets don't get any lubrication between them and baseplate or they may stick, but they get a dip of grease at the tip and a drop of oil in the axle bearing.

Winding side of a Yashica is really no-problem, spring tensions are high and contact areas-low, so you could get a big brush and brush it all with thick grease and it would still go click. The only really sensitive thing is these two notched platters under the frame counter disc - if they stick together (oil, grease, dirt), you don't get a click-stop after each frame but can just wind on (or can't advance at all past 1st frame, depending, which way they stuck).

Marek

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration