Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Deestin1972
Tinkerer
Username: Deestin1972

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - 09:39 pm:   

Hello, I'm a newbie here, and I need some advice.

I have this old camera, a Ricoh CR-5, had it since I was a preteen. My mum got it for my dad, they tried it, could get no results (blank film) and tossed it! I pulled it out of the rubbish bin and followed the direction, and took great photos, wonderful in fact!

Well, it's been years, and now the camera is a bit out of shape. It's light seals are gone, just some goo left, it's mirror is dirty and scratched a little from the looks of it, some streaks, etc, and the focusing screen is dirty and there are a few scratches. Now for the lens, looks like fungus in it, but I got another lens like it in good shape of eBay for cheap.

Ok, so I may need a new mirror & focusing screen, and some light seals and a damper. Where can I find these items? I see some Ricoh cameras on eBay, not my model, but could I use the parts with my model?

And replacement directions, I see some on this site, for light seals, I could use them. What about for focus screen? Anyone know any good sites?

Any advice welcomed. And thanks in advance.

-Dee

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration