Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 112

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 08:20 pm:   

Yes.
Basically, I rigged up a battery with a couple of test leads and connected them to the positive and negative wires on the camera. I used a 3v battery, just to make the system a little easier to handle. Once you have the power connected you should be able to push the shutter release down (at the top right of the picture, cut off).
If everything is working properly, the shutter should open and close properly and the light bulb should light.
If you hold the lens up to various light sources, you should get different shutter speeds and aperture openings.
I would make sure the mechanical function of the camera is working properly first, ie the shutter is not physically impeded with dirt etc. If you hold your thumb at the bottom of the camera, near the magnet (bottom right of the photo, just at the end of the large brass bracket), you should be able to hold the mechanism closed just as the magnet would. Place your thumb on the bottom and press the shutter release...the shutter should open and stay open until you release your thumb.
If you are having electronic issues, check the state of the wiring first. Corrosion is a big problem here.
I hope this helps.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration