Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Magkelly
Tinkerer
Username: Magkelly

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 10:38 pm:   

I've got an FRI in superb condition otherwise that needs it's film counter gear replaced and it's light seals done. (They're present but a bit gooey.) I can handle the light seals I think no problem, but I'm not into opening it up and replacing that gear myself. I don't trust myself to go there. My hands are just not that good.

I really need to get this done in the next six weeks or so as I'm interning with a local photographer over the holidays and through the Spring and this is the camera I intend to use.

I don't want to risk my Pentax SPII. We're going to be shooting in some iffy places and scenarios maybe and Queenie is my favorite camera. I'm territorial there. I'd gladly let him shoot with this one to show me things, but I'm likely to get a bit snarly if he's messing around with the SPII and something happens to it. It took me years to get my hands on a fully working SPII. I'd probably wouldn't take it being dropped too well, smile. Losing this FRI would be a shame, but I'd survive.

I'd still like to get that film counter fixed though. I can always keep a tally I suppose, but it would be nice to actually know which shot I'm on. I'm likely to get caught up shooting and forget.

If it was a Pentax I'd probably send it to Mr Eric, but since it's a Yashica I have no idea of who to send it to, who does reasonable work. It's going to be about few weeks before I can afford to go there, got to sell some extra lenses to fund the job, or earn enough to cover it, but I'm actively looking for someplace to send it to. There's only guy locally and he's definitely not the brightest bulb when it comes to the older SLR's. I don't really want him near any of my cameras. I don't trust him with them at all.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration