Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Logandiana
Tinkerer
Username: Logandiana

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 06:54 am:   

So I am putting back together on of my yashica mats that I have been working on for months. I have pretty much taken the entire thing apart, cleaned, and put it back together. The shutter works flawlessly. The winding and film advance works flawlessly. When I went to put the focusing plate (with shutter attached) back on the camera something is not lining up quite right. With the focus all the way in, when I turn the crank the little arm that moves up and down does exactly as it should and cocks the shutter. No problems. If I have the focus all the way out, same thing, no problems. If I move the focus to half way (say about 7-15 feet) then the shutter will not cock. It goes though the motions like it should and it comes about a half millimeter from clicking and cocking the shutter. I've tried moving the focusing plate around as much as will allow and still be able to be screwed in. I've tried with the shims the same way they came out of the camera when taken apart. I've tried without them at all. Everything seems to be exactly right, but maybe I am missing something. Anyone else ever have this problem or know how to fix it?
I hope I explained myself correctly.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration