Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve_roberts
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_roberts

Post Number: 60

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 06:51 am:   

Mystery solved!!! Well, I needed to escape from the endless round of cold turkey and Christmas pudding over the last week and so had yet another crack at the Pentax f1.2 From the diagram kindly supplied by Bill and Kelly's info regarding the three set screws, it was apparent that they were indeed concealed by the focussing ring. However, it's only the very front lip of the focussing ring (ie the lip that keeps the rubber grip from slipping off to the front) that unscrews. this is X18 in Bill's diagram. It's so thin that I couldn't grip it reliably and so filed two small 1mm width slots at 180 degs in it and made up a key to locate in those. I clamped the key in a vice, held the lens in place and gripping the focus ring by hand, the front lip relatively easily unscrewed (conventional thread)from the larger part of the focus ring X17. You then need to set the lens to closest focus (as per Kelly's message) for the three screws to be exposed, and even then they are only just accessible. Removing them allows the barrel/filter ring assy. X14 to be removed and then away you go.
I have some minor damage from earlier unsuccessful attempts at disassembly to make good, but I'll know better next time and hopefully so will anyone else who needs to take one of these things apart. Thanks to all who helped and good luck to Bossman - if your customer hasn't had any joy elsewhere perhaps you can still help him out!
Best wishes,
Steve

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration