Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Movephotography
Tinkerer
Username: Movephotography

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, January 03, 2011 - 03:05 am:   

A friend has given me a Beautycord TLR. From what I can gather online, it seems to be a cheap mid-'50s Japanese import. It looks like this:

http://www.tlr-cameras.com/japanese/slides/Taiyodo%20Beautycord%20S%20variant.ht ml

Anyhow, I'm interested in shooting with it, and it seems to be functioning perfectly except that one of the two front lens elements is missing. I can put the lens element in the viewing lens and focus accurately, but in order to get a properly focused photograph, I'd have to switch the lens element over to the taking lens after focusing and before activating the shutter. If I leave the element on the taking lens, I can't see anything at all through the viewing lens. I'm at something of a loss as to how I might go about replacing this tiny glass part. Is this something most camera shops or some particular online shop would happen to stock? Do I have to wait until a parts TLR goes up on eBay?

Thank you very much for your help.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration