Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monolith
Tinkerer
Username: Monolith

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 02:58 pm:   

Hey, the shutter is slow, what appears to be typical for RDs. what I see in the 3rd picture on this site isn't what I refer to as "shutter", I'd rather call that the clockwork? But as I'm not a native speaker, maybe I misinterpret the English terms. Anyway, I mean the unit around the shutter blades when I write "shutter", that is the part in the left side of the 4th picture on the same site. Or do you mean that?
In the picture in my first post what you see inside the lens barrel is the surface on which the blades used to sit. I guess it is possible to reassemble the shutter while it still sits in the lens barrel, but I was irritated because Henry Taber seems to get all the stuff underneath out, too.
But this "shutter activation lever", as Henry Taber calls it, seems to be in the way for that (as you suggested in your first post). So if you don't tell me I should take those parts under the shutter (down to the rear element) out and how to do it, I will try to clean and reassemble without doing that.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration