Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Beba
Tinkerer
Username: Beba

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 02:14 pm:   

Hi! I've received vitessa N with Ultron lens and I've came across some problems, as expected.

1. The rangefinder mirror has fallen off. Any advice which glue to use so I can make adjustments of the mirror BEFORE the glue has set, so I can minimize rangefinder adjustmements afterwards?

2. The top button on the combi plunger is missing. What can I use to replace it? Is it vital for locking combi plunger in down position (with doors closed)- the plunger sometimes stays down, but even a light shake makes it pop out. Can I fix this somehow?

3. The shutter speeds are unusable. I must clean the shutter. I'm thinking of taking it off and drowning it in lighter fluid. Is unscrewing the back element from inside the body right way to do it? Or should I go from front? How do I detach it from the barn door mech?

I know this is a big lot of questions, and I will be VERY grateful for ANY input.
I've dug into various shutters and rangefinders for cleaning with (mostly) good results, but this is design which I respect too much. Also, I can't wait to start using it, I fell in love with it immediately when I pull it out off the box.

Thanks very much in advance!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration