Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 142

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 07:44 am:   

I think this model is the first of the Electro series and is similar or the same as the rest of the series like the Electro GS and GSN. If it is then the adjustments should be the same.

The shutter is a mechanical shutter which is mechanically tripped. The timing is controlled by the electronics. The electronics energise a shutter hold solenoid which holds the shutter open for the correct exposure time. There are a number of switches both in the shutter and at the end of the control rods that are pushed down by the shutter button. The electronics are switched on when the shutter button is pressed. When the film is advanced the control rods are reset to their resting position, ready for the next frame. It is very important that the mechanical parts of the shutter mechanism and the electronic switches are properly synchronised. If I had to guess at the problem with your camera, I would adjust control rods correctly.

The first step in this is to replace the return pad, or pad of death as it is commonly called. It is important that this pad is in good condition as it determines the rest position of the rods. Then adjust the control rods according to the manual. The larger rod is adjusted so that the release latch coincides with the shutter release. The other one is adjusted so that the transport release lever pushes the release out of engagement just before the shutter is released. It sounds like the transport release is not operating properly.
There is a service manual online somewhere, Google around for it or if you cannot find it I will send you the 5 pages that cover these adjustments.

Good luck
Greg

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration