Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Heywood
Tinkerer
Username: Heywood

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 - 06:48 pm:   

Thanks for all the info.
I do have a roll of test film thats exposed that I use to load & test various cameras so i tried that as per your suggestion.
Theres a metal flap door on the back of it and there is just 1 toothed gear at the top. This spins freely forwards & backwards. I don't recall if it was like this when i first got it but theres no "rewind" button or lever or nub to press that might be causing it to do that. So when I load the film I can just keep advancing it till the end, it never locks & readies for a photo.
The camera is just like the one in th epic above, a hugo meyer lens in a vebur shutter that goes to 250. I have been able to move the shutter speed ring to 100 so thats an improvement.
There is a jack on there for a flash but theres no familiar
"V M X" to choose as a setting.
I'm really stumped on this, i'm not going to force anything and if I can't remedy the situation myself I'll just let ti gather dust. Since i haven't shot with it I have no idea what it's like and I'm not attached to it where i'd wanna drop $100 or more sending it out

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration