Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Krafty5260
Tinkerer
Username: Krafty5260

Post Number: 47

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 01:08 pm:   

Greetings All,
I've read with interest discussions here and elsewhere about dent repair and whether they should even be attempted, or that dents give cameras character. Some of mine could use a bit less character. Anyway, I just received a Petri Automate that needs some work, including relieving a nasty corner dent.
I was sitting, thinking; minding my own business, when all of a sudden, I was reminded of an incident once, when I accompanied a musician friend to an instrument repair shop. The proprietor explained that he could repair any or all the dents someone can afford to fix.
Considering tops and bottom covers are often chromed or other plated brass, what about musical instrument repair. I realize the part would have to be removed from the camera, but I can't be the first person to think of this. I have thought about attempting dent repair myself, but I don't want to make matters worse.
Thoughts?
Thanks again,
Michael

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration