Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 102

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 06:48 pm:   

Old school, thanks for the response regarding the DE-1 finder. As a matter of fact the prism is chipped. When I bought this DE-1 some 20 years ago, they could be had for cheap. Think I paid about $60 for it in close to mint condition, and I kept it that way until about a year ago when I slipped and it got whacked into something hard. Chipped the prism too so now I have a blurry dark spot inside the prism as well. Very annoying. Anyway, clean ones are going on fleabay now for upwards of $300, so I'm hoping I can burnish out the ding and maybe find a prism out of a beat-up one or maybe out of another finder that uses the same one? My own fault that the prism got chipped. It was loose and rattling around inside the finder and I'd been putting off opening it up and tightening everything down, and that's what I get for putting it off.

Anyway I'll take you guys advice and take things slow. I don't have any phenolic or micarta, but I have access to a good selection of hardwoods, some of which are very hard, like ebony and rosewood, and some of which are just moderately hard, like walnut and mahogany. So I hope I can cobble up something that'll help me get most of this ding out.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration