Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 99

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 12:01 pm:   

Hello Mike,

I have a similar Lens Filter Ring Vise but then coming from an Ebay seller from India. I realy don't use it much as you allways have to put something in between to protect the filter metal from getting scratched. Wooden dowels combined with a wooden "anvil" cut to shape works maybe not so fast but less destructive to the filter ring surface.

Rubber tools are a great help. I use them very often. Most are plain rubber doorstoppers in different sizes bought for small money in a DIY shop. Never used acetone though to improve their grip. Had you ever problems with that acetone i.e. that it attacked the paint or plastic parts ?

I have one "professional" rubber tool which once was use by a Rollei repair technician. It's just a wooden handle with metal shaft and on the end Rubber inserted in a metal cylinder. I don't use because i don't want to spoil such a vintage tool. Can publish a photo on Flickr if you are interested to see.

Thanks for your tips, they are allways a joy to read !

Cheers,
Hans

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration