Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berndtotto
Tinkerer
Username: Berndtotto

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 03:03 am:   

I recently purchased a vintage Samoca 35 Super ( most likely from the year 1956 ), exactly the model, shown here: http://www.krphoto.com/samoca35super.html

It seems to work still fine and I shot my first testfilm ... but ... after rewinding the exposed film, the film perforation was completely disrupted ( shredded ). Usually the sprocket gear is getting loose, when turning a lever into "R" position, but that does not happen on my Samoca.

The guy in the camera shop said, that the camera is broken and needs to be repaired, which might be the case ... but I want to get sure before disassembling the whole camera for trying to repair something what is actually a normal issue.

I mean, it is certainly not a normal issue, that the film becomes ripped, but could it be possible, that both knobs ( film winding and rewinding ) need to be moved for rewinding the film ? I couldn't find any instruction manuals for this camera ( just one Samoca 35 II, which is a different model ).

Any ideas ? Any help would be much appreciated !!!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration