Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Betlog
Tinkerer
Username: Betlog

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 05:52 pm:   

Thanks. I am familiar with the basic configuration, it's the specifics of how sigma attach this element that I really want to know about. Trial and error to find out if its friction, glued, or threaded in is what damaged it in the first place. Unlike the 'professional repairer' caused this blemish I would prefer to know before applying any force :-)
The lens type frequently appears on ebay etc, unfortunately most of them are in the US, where a lot of sellers refuse international freight, and with photos that are usually poor. Even the ones that show inside the lens are usually focused only on the front element... and when there's 600mm of elements to look at this makes it very hard to tell if the lens is clean or not. Then there is shipping costs to consider.
The mount doesn't really need to be pentax-k, as i can transplant my mount section of the lens easily enough, but I think that unless I can source one locally (Australia) I will end up spending the money to buy a 'used-mint' condition one from Japan. However for now mine works fairly well. It's just flare/bloom that is sometimes an issue, but editing a bit of that, and a few more useless shots seem better than outlaying cash for something I already have. I have been using my 1000mm a lot lately, but after cleaning the 600mm a bit i remembered how small and light it is. A pleasure to use.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration