Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sleepytomcat
Tinkerer
Username: Sleepytomcat

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 05:13 pm:   

Update: sorry for my mistake, NOT 800mm, just 80mm lens.

Hi everybody,

I'm quite new to medium format film photography with my "new" Mamiya M645 Pro with Sekor 80 mm lens.

I've used my first film rolls this week, and looking at the results I feel uneasiness. Could you please advise me on the following issues:

1) when focusing on a very distant subject (maybe some miles away) the lens shows "infinity" (and stops to rotate further), however the focusing screen shows "no focus yet";

2) when focusing on close subjects I mostly get out of focus (backfocus) pictures (portraits);

3) test: focusing on a clearly visible close subject and checking the actual distance (2 m 25 cm) against lens readings (3 m) - I note the difference about 25%. (Hovewer I havent conducted a real phototest with real pictures in controllable environment.)

Please advise me on these issues: may it be the only one issue with different ways to show up? If so, what steps shall I do to fix it?

Thank you very much,
Sergey

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration