Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffk
Tinkerer
Username: Jeffk

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 12:32 pm:   

Just found this site, great stuff! Nice to see I'm not the only old camera nut around, I have a nice little collection of old film cameras that use now and then, in addition to my Kyocera/Contax cameras that I do most of my shooting with. Mostly old Zeiss, Contax, Leica, Minox, including a 122 roll-film Nixe from the late '20's that can still produce very nice poster-size B&W landscapes.

So I see now, probably, why the one roll of film I put through my Zeiss Ikoflex Ic produced less-than-stellar quality photos - the taking lens appears to be clouded inside. This isn't surprising, the camera has a faint mold odor from poor storage by the previous owner(s) (though it is otherwise pristine and as-new), but I can't figure out how to get the lens apart. This is the 75 mm Novar lens. There is a ring at the front that I could possibly remove with a spanner of some kind, but it's tight and a small screwdriver doesn't do it. I tried unscrewing the whole chrome rim, but it doesn't budge. Has anyone here tackled this problem on this camera?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration