Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jagarch
Tinkerer
Username: Jagarch

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:02 am:   

Hi folks,

I've got a Ansco Viking 6.3. It's got a Vario Shutter that doesn't stay cocked all the way. When you set the cocking arm, it clicks, but then returns to a center position with the shutter blades halfway open.
I've flushed it with Lighter fluid, which helped it run more smoothly, but it didn't fix the cocking problem. Is a spring broken?
Also, the piece in that the arrow points to in this picture confuses me. Is it supposed to hold the cocking arm when the shutter is cocked? When I cock the shutter, it doesn't move, and therefore the shutter can't be released because it sits over the far end of the shutter release. or is it related to the bulb setting? It seems to move if I cock the shutter while applying pressure to the shutter release.
I've looked at some sites with similar shutters, but mostly they seem to recommend lighter fluid, and none of them mention the shutter not staying cocked.

thanks in advance, and apologies for the terrible picture,

Jacob

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration