Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jagarch
Tinkerer
Username: Jagarch

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 07:31 am:   

OK, thanks for your help guys.
Old School, in the post you linked to, the poster says his shutter is missing a spring that fell out. My shutter has that spring, and it appears to be good, so that's not the issue.
Hanskerensky, your picture is very helpful, and this is indeed similar to the Vario. However, the Vario has another piece which fits over the "green arrow" piece, which the fits over the shutter release piece (lower left of your pic). It prevents the shutter from being released. I'm assuming it has something to do with the Bulb setting. This piece also seems to move, being activated by the same slit (red arrow in your pic) as the other piece underneath it. Or, to be more accurate, it's activated by the tab next to that slit.
So as far as I can tell, my shutter has two problems, which might be related: One is the shutter not staying fully cocked, and two is the mystery piece, which prevents the shutter from being fired, unless I move it with my finger.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration