Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Om1user
Tinkerer
Username: Om1user

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 09:21 pm:   

When you check for continuity and if you find it's open then remove the bottom cover and check the wire going to the battery holder. Usually the wire is corroded so just clean and resolder it. That worked for one unit I had. On another unit I had to remove the top cover and re solder all the wires going to the circuit board just under the meter on/off switch. Someone else on this forum reported a jumpy meter problem was solved by soldering a wire from the meter housing to somewhere on the camera body to re establish the ground (or positive since I think the positive goes to the body). To remove the top is a little tricky. Check my recent post a few weeks back someone provided links to removing the top cover and cleaning the prism. That was fun but worked out. If you have the fungus problem like I did on one unit you can really improve the view finder view by cleaning it as described on the post.
good luck.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration