Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffk
Tinkerer
Username: Jeffk

Post Number: 49

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 08:07 pm:   

Thanks for the tips, and excellent tool Aford! I however am more lazy, and wound up doing the following, which I wouldn't do with someone else's camera or with a particularly precious camera of any kind, but it did work fine:
1) Pry off the black annular ring with the white-dot exposure count indicator.
2) Cut two plastic cylinders from a plastic model kit frame, and shave off one end of each piece into a wedge.
3) Wedge the cylinders between the black dial and the inside rim of the advance lever to hold the dial in place.
4) Loosen center screw using a careful nudge from needlenose pliers, in the usual counterclockwise direction. I first tried putting shrink-wrap around the jaws but this did not work very well, so I simply carefully clamped and turned.
5) Remove black dial, it is now just sitting on a land.
6) Remove the last of the three little screws (two were already floating around), put a tiny drop of blue locktite on the threads of all three, and replace and tighten the screws.
7)Put it all back together, using a drop of blue locktite on the central hub screw and tightening it finger-tight with my thumb, and a tiny bit of rubber cement under the black ring and under the leather circle (which I did not actually need to remove).
Works great now! Hopefully this is the only time I will ever need to tear into this camera, it otherwise works fine and is pretty unique and interesting in an unusual sort of way.
exa1
exa2
exa3

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration