Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 194

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 12:31 am:   

Last month I posted a request here for help with getting a dead OM-1n's meter working again. Well, I don't know what happened, but I just picked it up again, installed a fresh battery, and now the meter's working. But it's off, reading way slower than it should. I hold it up to a 60 watt lamp from about 2 feet away, and with an f/2.8 lens for it to look through and wide open, and with the ASA set to 100, I have to set the shutter speed to 1 second to center the needle. I haven't bothered to check this against a hand-held meter yet, but I know it's way off.

I found a repair manual on the 'net and downloaded it, and I'm not having a whole lot of luck so far. There are a couple of tables of information on checking accuracy using an apparently proprietary light source, but most of the rest of the section for the meter deals with replacing components. I couldn't find anything about meter adjustment. I was hoping it would have something simple like a couple of adjustment pots or similar.

And just to make things a bit more interesting, I no longer own any OM mount lenses, so I'm unable to mount a lens that will engage the aperture linkage. I have an few old M42 lenses that, if I just hold them up to the lens mount, the registration distance is almost correct, so at least I can use them for their aperture values, albeit with no aperture link-up.

So any suggestions? As always, your help is appreciated.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration