Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 162

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2012 - 01:07 pm:   

Just wondering if somebody else noticed the same issue i have with an Ikoflex 1a and a 1b ?

While checking the infinity focus of a 1a (Tessar equiped) with an auto-collimator i discovered that the testmark image was sharp around the 10 meter mark on the focus knob. I had made sure that all the shims were back between lens/shutter and lensboard so i thought that odd as the lensboard itself was never loosened from the focus mechanism.

Out of curiosity i did the same check on an Ikoflex 1b (Novar equiped) which is in pristine condition and never opened up before. The results were about the same !! Infinity sharp with focus knob set at 10 meter.

Of course i started to worry about the auto-collimator (or my eyesight) so i double checked that instrument with some other camera/lenses and also a plain flat mirror. Nothing wrong with it (or my eyes :-) ).

Now i'm wondering if this infinity mis-adjustment could be a general condition of the Ikoflexes from these series ? Or maybe i overlooked something else ? Did anybody of you experience the same ?

Of course i could simply adjust the viewerlens to the same condition (on infinity with knob at 10 meter) but that would imply that i loose part of the usable focusing range.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration