Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thomas1
Tinkerer
Username: Thomas1

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, May 21, 2012 - 03:37 pm:   

Jeff, if you can, get a picture of a 7's graph on a working camera. I compared to the book and some on ebay to make sure I got it right and in addition, on the 7 and 7s that I cleaned up I took a digital picture to make certain I would know how to set it up so it was put together right. On reassembly just match the graph up before putting the speed selector on. Use the 1/1000 sec. setting and ASA/DIN 400/27 reference. The screws on the speed selector are best removed with it set on 1/1000, and ASA/DIN set at 400/27 because on this setting you can get to all three set screws for removal and reassembly. Do not remove the two screws for the sensitivity selector on the rear of the camera as there is a bearing that may slip out, internally, that provides the positive position when the knob is moved and if removed it will take you over an hour to reassemble, at least that is what it took me = after I realized the bearing had come out. It is not necessary to remove these anyway to take the top off. There is tape, on the 7s holding the wires close to the body structure that may be deteriorated. On reassembly, use scotch tape to replace it.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration