Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thomas1
Tinkerer
Username: Thomas1

Post Number: 14

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 07:16 pm:   

Doc. - Jeff, whoever is interested, I was thinking about the problems with the recent 7s acquisition camera I am working on and wonder, could the situation where the shutter can be released without a full wind occur because the camera had been sitting a long time with the shutter cocked and the grease setting up so the lever responsible for preventing shutter release before fully winding is stuck and this is something a simple cleaning by a soak with solvent will solve. Since the "run on" at slow speed is most likely from a sticking lever then most likely the other problem is the same - so repair is accomplished by cleaning and lubrication, in the winding area and around the shutter release button. I think nothing is broken - just sticking. Just a thought. I am picking up some replacement wiring for powering the Cds meter. I am interested in anyone's thoughts concerning the "rangefinder patch" and how apparent it is - why so important ? - and complaints about contrast. Stick a yellow filter in front of the rangefinder mirror window and what do you know - a beautiful rectangular patch appears - so why not augment internally with filter material?? The Cannon 7's have quite a bit of room and the filter piece could be placed, internally, right in front of the side of the prism block, whatever color you like! I'll let you know how it turns out, maybe even a .jpg.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration