Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Thomas1
Tinkerer
Username: Thomas1

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 - 05:20 pm:   

After taking top of 7s off I found that the wiring had been cut off for the meter between the meter and the check/off/ on selector unit. I found that the contacts on the check and on positions were corroded and that a piece of plastic that rotated with the selector switch to put pressure on the contacts had fractured. To fix this I found some small plastic/nylon thick washers and made a replacement which works nicely. This took some heating and filing but without access to parts was almost the only resort. Additionally, the wiring was replaced in segments with heat shrinks to eliminate chance of shorting. The meter works fine now. Only one problem, upon removing the speed selector found that a spring washer which makes the selector and ASA selector move at the same time had been left out by the prior repair person. Do not know a supplier but will check the shop that I use for miscellaneous hard to find items. Also, the T, time exposure setting is giving me problems. Not so important.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration