Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 183

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 12:30 pm:   

The first thing I would do is check to make sure the battery contacts are clean. Use a little vinegar on a cotton swab and make sure they are nice and clean. Put the battery back in and try again. If things don't improve, remove the bottom of the camera. This is fairly straight forward. Check the wiring and connections at the battery terminals. If they look rough, you may be able to re-solder them and not have to replace any wires. I have found the terminals on the C35 to be very difficult to solder however, it just doesn't want to stick. The S3 may be the same.
As far as replacing the wires, it doesn't require many special tools, but you will need to tear the camera down a bit. The top will need to come off, the leatherette will need to be peeled away to reveal the lens board screws. The lens board and lens will need to come off. This will allow you to remove the old wires and feed the new ones back through. I think that would be the basic approach, although the last time I did this on a C35, I had already taken the lens apart, so I did not need to remove the lens board.
If you do a google search on the C35, you may be able to find some photos of the process or at least a disassembled camera.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration