Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nccb
Tinkerer
Username: Nccb

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Saturday, June 02, 2012 - 08:25 am:   

Picked up an OM-1 off ebay in pristine condition - doesn't even look used. Everything seemed functional with the exception of the light meter, which was fine - I figured dead battery. So I ordered a Wein cell 1.35V replacement and also seal replacements from Jon Goodman.

I replaced the seals using a kit from Jon Goodman and that went fine. I'm fairly certain I did nothing wrong. The battery arrived a day later and so I popped that in but alas, the meter still doesn't work. The meter reacts at bulb, 1 second, 1/2 second, etc. but I have read that this is because at those extremes the meter is mechanically coupled to the shutter speed and aperture so it will do that even without a battery.

I checked the terminal and it looks clean. The brown wire is still soldered on and looks intact in the bottom of the camera. What can I check next?? The camera is in such good exterior condition that I would have thought the internals were good, especially with new battery put in.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration