Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 95

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, August 06, 2012 - 10:26 am:   

I had one of these a while back but didn't get involved with focus adjustments. In general the way these geared TLR's work is that the geared rings at the front of the taking and viewing lenses are secured to the lens barrels by two or three tiny grub screws. Loosen these and the ring can be turned against the lens barrel or even removed. The procedure would therefore be to focus the viewing lens to infinity on the focusing screen using a distant object, loosen (don't remove) the screws, turn the geared ring to the marked infinity position without turning the lens itself, then tighten the screws. This should set the viewing lens. Then repeat with the taking lens, this time you will need to tape a piece of ground glass or similar exactly in the film plane, fully open the aperture and open the shutter on the "B" setting using a locking cable release, then focus on a distant object to establish the infinity position. You may have to remove the geared ring and refit it at the new position, when the gear teeth should engage with those on the viewing lens. Its a good idea to check that they still coincide at a shorter distance, say 10 feet. It may be easier to do the adjustments at the shorter distance using a sheet of newspaper or something similar taped to the wall, then check on a distant object for the infinity positions.

As I say this is a general guide, for example I did this on a rather similarHalina A1 bit the Photina may differ in detail. Hope this helps.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration