Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1227

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 04:31 am:   

I've had excellent results with Zeiss-Opton lenses. The glass should not be in at an angle, though - each element should be seated perfectly level in its mount. I can't imagine that any error large enough for you to detect could have gotten out of the Zeiss factory, so if it isn't seated correctly my guess is that someone must have had it apart before.

Cleaning up the rear element may be more of a trick than just getting it off of the shutter. The rear cell is 2 elements cemented together... anything that you can't clean either on the exposed rear surface or from the front through the shutter will be trapped in the cement layer between the 2 elements. Separating and recementing a cemented pair is an operation that's more likely to leave you worse off than better in the end, and I don't advise trying. So, don't worry about removing that cell - clean the surfaces that you can reach, clean the shutter and put it back together.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration