Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hazfiendgmailcom
Tinkerer
Username: Hazfiendgmailcom

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 12:07 pm:   

Hi, newbie here. I have a Canon T70 which was my mother's and hasn't been used for about a decade. I would imagine it was fine before that. There was old film in it but the batteries were long gone and had leaked. The plate appears ok and it now has fresh batteries which appear to be working fine. I don't seem to be able to add film. The manual says I should line up the film with an orange mark, close the back and it will load the film automatically. However, it doesn't appear to do that. It does various things like produce numbers in the viewfinder border and display icons in the display panel but no whirr of film loading, no number in the frames left window. If there is a film cartridge inside it shows that icon but the three bars underneath flash while it is beeping for a short time when I press the shutter button, etc. I was able to select iso100 film rather than iso200, so I think it's got electrical integrity. Any advice? Am I feeding the film into the right place?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration