Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

G3bill
Tinkerer
Username: G3bill

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 11:52 am:   

Thanks for the input. Unlike Ronnie's statement, I can't say about the A-1 but my F-1n without electronics had the same problem with the shutter, I removed the bottom and think used WD to drip down a shaft for the curtain if i remember right:-( Some did get on the curtain and after many triggering's of the shutter and wipping the screen it started to work as new at all speeds and without the Swishing noise, just tried it yesterday and still good after quite a few years now. Not going to try it on the A-1 unless someone knows the precise spot to put a couple small drops as I heard on another thread or forum, taking it slow this time. I copied the thread 'Waynemel' posted #127 8/09 thats on the 'top cover removal'. Sounds straight forward. Thanks Glenn, guess its the right way. Been looking for a parts exploded view of A-1, dont remember seeing it in the owners manual, any thoughts where it is?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration