Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

G3bill
Tinkerer
Username: G3bill

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 11:20 pm:   

Ronnie I did also, lol, well got a 1 1/2" needle/seringe and ground down the point so as not to stab a wire then bent about 1/4" of the tip so oil would drip and not come back at me. From what i saw on the LoosCanons site I tried to drip it in the same spot. went through a opening just 1/2" below and to left of the C of Canon name. I dripped it from a few spots and tried the shutter many times, it did get much better but still had a swishing sound every once in a while, kept adding oil:-( , I thought screw it! must have put in 4cc, and at the end used just the Zoom oil without WD. I did get some oil on the front screen and sides, alot on the bottom but felt ok cause I wasn't getting oil in the electronics on top. That pin on the left bottom of lens mount, I put some oil in there with camera upside down for a few seconds and flipped it back upright. It got even better, went out for about 4 hours and tried it with no noise at any speed. Its kind of a mess this way and if I didn't have so many project going on would have been better to take the top off I'm sure. The mirror is reacting much quicker like it should. So I'l probably be cleaning oil a couple more times after setting over night, I'll find the right grease to use on gears and be done for now. Thanks for all the help. Bill

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration