Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 128

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 - 11:36 am:   

You pretty well got it. Loosening the leatherette was the most time consuming part. I carefully used a toothpick as a "chisel" to gently break the leatherette loose from the glue and metal backing plate, trying to be carefull to keep the leatherette from tearing or poking a hole in it. The good news is that the later leatherettes are good about being reusable as they do not get brittle like the earlier ones. Once the leatherette is pulled back from the screws, getting the cover plate off is pretty easy.

As far as re-sticking the leatherette, I used double stick tape so that if need be, I could get it back off easily.

As far as sending it to Mark Hama, I don't have personal experience, but from everything I have read, he is the best. In addition, if you did decide to sell it later, it would probably bring top dollar having a "Mark Hama Rebuild". Keep the paperwork for verification. I got my EM pretty cheap and didn't feel I could justify spending that much for a hobby camera.

Good luck.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration