Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mikeb
Tinkerer
Username: Mikeb

Post Number: 21

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Friday, March 15, 2013 - 06:32 pm:   

Hi Ismael,
I can't find the logic of it being the light seals. To me it seems the seals would have to be sometimes working, sometimes not-working in order for you to get periodic, non-consecutive light leaks on a roll of film. As they are non-moving I can't make that work in my mind.
The one wild scenario I can envision is your grasp on the camera is keeping the film door sealed until you release it. Does this sound like a possibility to you? When you grasp the camera do you see or feel the door move?

When you say the light leak is vertical, do you mean from the top TO bottom of the frame, or across the top OR bottom of the frame? If it is top to bottom, that to me sounds like a sticky second curtain or other mechanical problem. This might need some cleanup/adjustment by a professional, or continued use might free it up.

If your seals are crumbly it is true that they need to be replaced, so don't hold back doing that. There just seems a fair enough possibility it won't fix this problem.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration