Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 247

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 08:35 am:   

Hey Hans! Well, that must be my problem then. I didn't spend the requisite amount of time with that tiny spring, getting to know it more intimately. I'll have my chance to make up for it, though, when I make a replacement. It took almost an hour to shape the 0.013" one. Seems like a lot of time for a 1/2" long piece with a couple of kinks and curves, but that's probably because I had to use a couple of pairs of needle nose pliers to make it.

I'm at least partially to blame for my predicament regarding getting stuck with a Synchro Compur shutter. In older, German-made cameras, I kinda insist on the S-C when I purchase a folder, because it has flash sync. Besides, I think the SC shutters just look a lot cooler than the Compur Rapids.

I agree about not rushing things. In fact, with this shutter, I made a point of waiting until I was in the right frame of mind before tackling the job. *sigh* A lot of good it did. Now I get to do it all over again. But I'm finding that psyching myself up for the second time is easier because I don't feel nearly as intimidated. Except for the springs. Springs still get to me.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration