Rate Post Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Rate this post by selecting a number. 1 is the worst and 5 is the best.

(Worst)    1    2    3    4    5     (Best)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jagstang
Tinkerer
Username: Jagstang

Post Number: 20

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 07:30 pm:   

Just to bump, still having issues with the C4R. I don't think it's a sticky shutter. What happens is I can fire it, and the actuating cam moves a little bit. Then as I recock it, the cam will move enough to open the shutter but not close it, causing me to have to manually close it by advancing the actuating cam by hand. The timing/delay mechanism is somewhat working as I can hear it click/run at different speeds when I go to move to the cam closed, but I don't know if that's related. It's almost like the cam isn't going quite far enough to engage the delay mechanism.

The odd thing is while cleaning it, I managed a few times to get it to work. But when I left it to dry out after cleaning the blades/mechanism with naptha, it went back to sticking. I'm thinking the spring on the actuating cam may be weak or something but wanted to make sure it isn't something that now needs re-lubricated or that it just doesn't need a further cleaning of the shutter blades.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration